Friday, November 7, 2008
Suggested Inaugural Playlist
I'm closing out Obama week with a presidential mix!
1. This Is Why I'm Hot (Mims): Self-explanatory.
2. Crazy in Love (Beyonce f/Jay-Z): Because Mr. and Mrs. Obama really appear to be.
3. Set it Off (Strafe): Since Michelle is an honorary member of Alpha Kappa Alpha, they have to play the sorority's unofficial theme song.
4. Michelle (The Beatles): Sorry, couldn't resist.
5. City of Blinding Lights (U2): When Obama finally appeared to accept the nomination, the opening strains of this song made for the first of many tear-inducing moments.
6. Bad Reputation (Joan Jett): A nod to the unfiltered Joe Biden.
7. The Pretender (Foo Fighters): Adios, W.
8. Walking Through Walls (Jon Brion): Nothing in this world is gonna hold me/No thugs in this road are gonna roll me/No fast talking girl is gonna slow me/Nothing's gonna stop me at all/I'm walking through walls.
9. Hell Yes (Beck): Hell yes, we can!
10: I Feel Good (James Brown): So far, so good!
11. Luck Be A Lady (Frank Sinatra): He's gonna need it.
Entertainment Weekly offers more informed suggestions here.