Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Love On The Rocks, Ain't No Surprise


This is what happens when your children's pop culture interests invade your household: You find yourself not only caring about whether Joe Jonas cheated on Taylor Swift, but also taking a side. And I know it's not just me, because my friend and fellow mom, S., had this to say: "Good for him. She's trashy." Meanwhile, my friend L. is firmly on Team Taylor: "He broke up with the girl on the phone in less than 40 seconds!!!!!"

Last week, I came across country singer Swift's scathingly funny remarks about her ex, whom she accused of cheating and dumping her via cell phone. On her MySpace page, she used a Joe Jonas doll as a prop: "Look! This one comes with a phone. So he can break up with other dolls!" Oh, damn.

Bummed about the allegations, Joe recently took to MySpace to assure his fans that he hadn't been unfaithful and that he wasn't the one who ended the phone call. He even got all philosophical: "Maybe there were reasons for a breakup. Maybe the heart moved on." The post has mysteriously disappeared.

I can't believe I have spent more than five minutes thinking about this.

No comments: