Thursday, October 30, 2008

Crushed


At last night's book club dinner, the subject turned to celebrity crushes. Or to be more specific, "Who would you dump your husband for?" I'm not sure what this says about me, but I answered first: "Hugh Jackman. Hands down." (Honey, if you're reading this, it was the cocktails talking! Ha ha ha ha ha ha.)

My husband has a good sense of humor, and we got this issue out of the way fairly early in our relationship. Our current agreement that if Thandie Newton comes looking for him, well, no hard feelings. We had a good run. Drop a postcard every now and then.

Hugh is my Thandie Newton, and I don't care that he starred in "Van Helsing" and "Swordfish." A straight male friend of mine even once admitted, "That's a good-looking dude." He sings. He dances. He is Australian. He is almost always described as a genuinely nice person, and he has love for the geeks (See: Wolverine).

So when the epic "Australia" opens, I will be front and center like a 9-year-old at a Miley Cyrus autograph signing. I cannot believe Nicole Kidman got paid for this.

5 comments:

Broken Hearts of the Big Bend said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Broken Hearts of the Big Bend said...

Ooooh, one of my favorite questions.

All-out celebrities, then it's Antonio Banderas. That man is hot.

More local "celebrities" ... oh, we all know it's Mark S. Bleiweis, M.D. The man is gorgeous, brilliant, personable, he knows how to fix even the tiniest babies' upside-down-inside-out hearts, and he's even willing to use his incredible surgical gifts on dogs who've literally skewered their hearts with BBQ kabobs.

Yeah. Those are my picks.

E. Peterman said...

Dr. Bleiweis is totally hot. That photo! And you can never, ever go wrong with Antonio Banderas. And we've had the whole "Paul Newman circa 1963" conversation.

Betsy said...

I would like to change the answer I gave at the meeting from McDreamy to Roger Federer. Groooooowl.

E. Peterman said...

Roger Federer ... yum! GOOD one.